Thursday, November 25, 2010

Stop a Baby's Breath and a Shoe Full of Rice

I was going to post the other day... but my computer and internet have been craptastic so I've missed out a bit. But guess what happened on Tuesday??

I SAW MY FIRST LIVE BIRTH!

It was pretty bomb. I was supposed to be doing my clinical on the Med-Surg unit but there were only TWO patients so I begged and pleaded and my teacher let me and a few other students go down to Labor and Delivery. It was so bomb. We haven't done our Peds unit though so I was clueless on a few things but for the most part it was just awesome!! The mom did SO well and the baby came out perfectly (after a little snippy snippy, the only part that made me cringe). It was a little premature so the baby had to be shipped up to the hospital in Provo. It was sad for the family but the baby will be fine :) I held the woman's leg during the whole thing (because it was too numb for her to keep up herself from the epidural) and I witnessed everything from dilation of 7 cm to the full 10 and arrival of the cute little boy. BAM. haha Anyways I better get back to the family time...

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)

2 comments:

  1. hannah, come over now. i need to see you! and i NEEED TO talk to you. so much.
    lover you.
    miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I only ever got to see C-sections!!

    ReplyDelete